Catching a taxi in New York


Hey honey bear, we are going to be late for the show, it’s almost 8! Well, let’s call a damn taxi!
Looking for a taxi on the go in New York can always be touch and can be called “A needle in a hay stack.” Here you are the needle and the hay stack is all of the yellow cars in New York. Calling for a taxi ride in New York City is one of those special New York experiences like chasing the dragon during the New Years parade. It’s always hard to grab a cab.
I remember one day during this past season at New York Fashion Week I was lost finding my way around and it the worst time to be lost because I was becoming late for Russell Simmons fashion show. This made me realize that I had chosen the worst time to catch a taxi cab, it was currently around 5 going on 6 o’clock in the afternoon. I was get frustrated with all the walking I was doing, I was starting to realize it was going to take longer than normal to catch a cab so I just and ended up having to walk around the whole block once again, just to ride the subway.
New York is filled with taxis everywhere, what’s your taxi story? the best way to call is cab is always by waving your hand in the air and yelling “taxi”. You can always tell if a taxi is ready to pick someone up by checking the light on top of their roof. Is it o, ready for a ride, or off, off duty or being occupied by someone else? Always check the lights!
Looking for a taxi can also be as easy as using your head. If you see you’re at a difficult area where no taxies are around, find a more common nearby area or street. That way a taxi will be sure to find you to take you where you need to be. But hey, what’s your favorite taxi ride?

Thanks for reading everyone
Be sure to follow me following my dreams

Facebook & Instagram

Mahipal SoCal & @mahipal_socal

Comments

Popular Posts