Because it’s the New Year? Change your style without actually changing your clothes



I’m not talking about changing your wardrobe, so the title may be a little deceiving. The style I’m taking to you about is your personal style. It can be your soul, your body, your inner voice, your day job, the shoe you put on first, or even your spiritual mind. Every day we are always going through something new, different, or sometimes it’s just the same old thing. Is there something that you want to change about yourself? Could it be an addiction, the way you feel, maybe telling the guy you see at school how you really feel, or maybe is it that you just want to pick up a book at the library and read it? Whatever it may be, I’m sure you have put some thought into it some way or another.

But while you’re thinking about change, here’s a thought. Do you really need to change something about yourself just because it’s a “New Year”? Here’s your answer, no. unless you’re damn lazy, then yes. You lazy person you do. This past year I didn’t fall into my same self, I made sure everything I did was different and a change for the better. And I didn’t wait for a time frame to help me change. I hate time. Especially when food is involved. Such as from the time when it comes to ordering your Chipotle to actually eating it.

One person I know besides myself who has had some big changes this year is my one friend Lisa. Lisa and I both grew up from when we were very little to graduating high school together. This brings me to the time when I was little and had the biggest crush on Lisa during my childhood years. Yes, I’m sure we all have gone through our “younger years “ of thinking what it meant to have a crush on someone and even staying up with them on the phone all night. (All night meaning till 8pm because school was in the morning). My embarrassing moment came when my sister showed Lisa my bright purple Barney bedroom sheets. Yikes! Not a fun moment. Anyways, this year from finishing school and graduating from Temple to moving down south to Florida in September to continue her goals in life things have been crazy all over for her.


            Moving to Florida was exciting for her and great and I’m pretty sure she didn’t make any “New Year’s Resolution” to do so. Now I may not be moving this far from home, but doing anything new is always an exciting feeling. New York Fashion Week has brought many changes to me. One of which is something I tend to shy away from and that’s opening up to people about my goals and dreams. It’s not easy to tell everyone who you are and what your dreams are in life when everyone is walking around with billions in their pockets. The fact that people were giving me the time and day, and even gave me kisses on the cheek, it wasn’t what I was expecting. All it takes is a little courage and effort to do something, something that you know will scare you. Find something that you want to do and if it scares you enough, it’ll be worth doing. It’ll feel exactly like waiting for that Chipotle too.

 Thanks for reading everyone
Be sure to follow me following my dreams

Facebook & Instagram
Mahipal SoCal & @mahipal_socal

Comments

Popular Posts