Question: suitcase or dress?


Question: suitcase or dress?
Which would you rather walk with? A suitcase of course! Whelp this is what happens when you’re trying to follow your dreams and things just aren’t going your way. This is what gets in your way of getting into shows and not even being able to get through the door and having to leave with that feeling of how much you hate life because you just denied yourself from seeing a show during fashion week. While others are living at their homes and some may even be booked at hotels with their cash cash cash, you are flying solo on this one.
            During New York Fashion Week I’m able to go on my merry way all over the city, taking pictures, talking to celebrities, getting people to know who I am. Today was, well different. Usually I try to save up for a hotel for spring/summer for two days this way I can drop my bags off before work and head off to fashion week. After the two days, I spend the rest of the week with my boss and her family at their home. During the fall/winter shows I stay with her all week. Today kicking off fall/winter, things were off to a rough start.
 Let’s just say instead of my favorite outfit I was wearing, I had a suitcase with me all day. And thought out the day problems occurred very often. People telling me not to place my bags in certain areas, not being able to take as many pictures as I’d like because I had to drag this with me, and me even end up leaving on my own from a show just because I couldn’t squeeze by anyone because of my luggage.
Toward the end of my day I was at the Desigual show and I had a ticket to sit and realized that I had nowhere to put my stuff! I tried talking to a lady, she said I could put it on the side, but no one was going to be watching it for me. This was not fun for me at all. I just wanted to not have this suitcase by my side. I even felt like I just wanted to give in, but I couldn’t. I’ve worked so hard to be here, it was all the stress and everything you go through when you work so hard and you realize this suitcase is holding you back and making sure that people understand that you are pretty much a “nobody” at fashion week. Well the suitcase was doing just that and my enemy.

It started to get harder for me, I even left my last show early because as I walked in a guy looked at me and said “Good luck trying to fit that’. I got a weird feeling and saw he was right, the room was way too packed for anyone to move, let alone me bringing this suitcase full of my clothes. So I eventually left. But I realized this suitcase isn’t anything at all. It’s just a little inconvenience for me, but that’s it. A million girls would kill for this job, so why let something bother me when it won’t be there tomorrow. All I’m saying is things will get rough when you follow your dreams and you’ll end up with many suitcases in your way. And when you find them, challenge them, but don’t ever give it up over something so small and something irrelevant. Oh the only show I took photos of was BCBG. Later on I eventually met up with my boss later on at 6 and I finally gave her my suitcase to put in her car with the biggest smile on my face.

Thanks for reading everyone
Be sure to follow me following my dreams

Facebook & Instagram
Mahipal SoCal & @mahipal_socal

Comments

Popular Posts