In a city with high expectations, are we supposed to settle for whatever we can get, or go after what we love?


New York City is all about change. People change their friends, where they live, what restaurant they eat, and even their relationships. I gave up a long time ago trying to find something that was actually me, something that made me happy. All through high school I was pretty much depressed. I knew that I didn’t fit in with anyone. I wasn’t in the popular crowd, I wasn’t the most handsome, I didn’t try to start conversations or even be social, I smoked weed once in a while, jumped from group to group, and even played sports. I was all around. It wasn’t until I left school that I found what I loved and started to accept who I was and who I wasn’t. And who I wasn’t, wasn’t the smartest in my major, but who I was, was smart with blogging.

As I was studying my major in school I realized it wasn’t what I wanted. What I wanted was a change and I knew I would find that change in New York. A few years ago I started to go after my dreams back and forth to the place where everything was and where you can find everything at 2 in the morning. Now that I’m finally making my presence felt in the big apple I’m doing it on my own and  understand that it isn’t easy. An advantage of being in New York is being able to believe in yourself that anything is possible. Is there an open mic going on, go and play your voice. Do you want to play hockey, go to the Rangers local ice rink. Do you want to write, start a blog and send your work to the New York Times.


In a city with high expectations, are we supposed to settle for whatever we can get, or go after what we love? There are so many opportunities in this city, yet most of us find ourselves day dreaming of what it would be like to actually be something. But instead we are young and stuck inside an office desk, stuck doing work that is handed to us by people we barley know. If change is so easy, then why is it so hard in New York?

Thanks for reading everyone
Be sure to follow me following my dreams

Facebook & Instagram
Mahipal SoCal - @mahipal_socal

Comments

Popular Posts