Philadelphia Living


Living in Philadelphia has been great, there is so much that this city has to offer. Everyone is nice here. Meet Marie Burkitt and why she loves Philly. I’ve lived in Philly my whole life, and I love everything about it. One of the best things about Philly is the fashion. You can find a lot of fashion and style inspiration walking down the streets in Philly, especially around South Street and in Center City. If I had to describe my style in 3 words I would say: classic, colorful, and comfortable. In the spring, I like to wear a lot of color after a long winter of wearing lots of neutrals. The weather is usually pretty cool in the springtime in Philly, so my favorite things to wear to work and on the weekends are brightly colored tights, dresses, skinny jeans, boyfriend sweaters and flats or ankle boot moccasins.
Another great thing about Philly is the variety of restaurants. Some of my favorites are Ocean Prime, Max Brenner, Jones, La Scala and Iron Hill. But my absolute favorite restaurants are all around 2nd and South Streets at Headhouse Square. Pizzeria Stella has the best pizza in the world, (sorry, Italy). Their Piccante pizza is my favorite. NOLA has some of the best drinks and appetizers I’ve ever had. The Voodoo shrimp is especially awesome with a French Quarter Cosmo. If you’re into Vegetarian, Maoz on South has the best (and biggest) falafel. Last, but not least, Franklin Fountain has the absolute best ice cream ever. The pumpkin is my favorite, but there are so many flavors to choose from.
There are so many fun things to do in Philly, I can’t choose my favorite, but I love the shopping, being able to go see the Phillies and the Flyers play, going to concerts at the Piazza, going to festivals and fairs at Headhouse Square, going to plays at Walnut Street Theatre and the Academy of Music and taking walks and bike rides down Kelly Drive. I might not always live in the city, but I know I’ll always live just a short distance away so I can always drive in to check out the most fashionable, most fun and best food in the world right here in my hometown and my heart – Philadelphia.
Thanks for reading everyone
Be sure to follow me chasing my dreams for more updates

Facebook & Instagram
Mahipal SoCal & @mahipal_socal

Comments

Popular Posts