A Day With Michelle Sorrels



I never went to a nail salon before because I always thought it was intensely crazy, strict, and scary. I had in my head I would not go! But then I found myself bored with nothing to do this past Friday and received a phone call from one of my good friends, Michelle. “Hey Dave, what are you doing? Want to come with me to get my nails done?  Seriously - I mean I had nothing else to do, and Michelle and I are good friends so why not. I was giving up my virginity and going to a nail salon for the very first time. As I walked in I wasn’t sure where to even sit or where to even look. There was nail polish everywhere; the wall were filled with dozens and dozens of colors. I walked over with Michelle and as I sat down I saw the truth about nail salons and this ones. It wasn’t a scary torture nail place but a place where creating nail designs and catering to the customers personal taste actually took time and effort and much practice. It was actually pretty cool to see the hard work they all put in with designs and how they were able to recreate them on human finger nails so perfectly. As Michelle was getting her nails clean, sharpened, and then all styled up with white, black, and silver it was pretty awesome to see. Since I work in the fashion industry I never had any idea on how creating designs on nails or touching up worked backstage but this past weekend I learned. And I’m glad I did, I’m glad I tried something different and went with a friend to a nail salon to see what all the talk was about. After our nail stop, we went to grab some lunch, a few beers, took some pictures around Philly, and had some deep conversations. It was a good day. But before she left, I had a few questions with Michelle about her love for fashion, her nails, and of course her dreams. So take a look and I’ll see you guys next week!


Favorite summer style?
My favorite summer style is any outfit involving a crop top. You can wear a crop top with a maxi or a pair of high waisted shorts. They're affordable and extremely comfy. You can also wear them during any season, which is a bonus. Crop tops are an essential element to my wardrobe.

What are you summer plans?
My plans this summer involve mostly working at Express, while I take two summer classes. I also plan to go to the beach on my days off with my girlfriends. I plan on traveling home to Hershey to see my family. Another thing I plan on doing is spending time on my rooftop deck with my roommate and boyfriend. A goal I have set for myself this summer is finding a key holder job in a retail store.

Favorite summer activities to do?
My favorite summer activities are laying outside, walking around the city, and of course shopping. I also enjoy going on day trips to the beach and drinking with my friends. Another activity I enjoy doing during the summer is riding bike with my boyfriend through the city. The best part of summer is being able to take late night walks through the city because the weather is perfect.

Favorite summer beer?
My favorite all time beer is Leinekugel Summer Shady. It’s a seasonal beer, but it’s worth the wait.

What is your favorite part of getting your nails done?
I love the feeling of a fresh new set. It's fun to be able to pick a new color and design. I get stiletto nails, which is the "pointy" nail style. The best part is the hand massage that the nail technician gives me. She rubs a moisturizer on my hands, then puts a hot towel, and massages my hands.

If you could have nay job in the fashion industry, what would it be?
If I could have any job in fashion it would be to take over American Vogue from the great Anna Wintour. That would be a truly amazing experience.


What is your dream?
My dream is to become a buyer for a well-known company after college, then a stylist for menswear, and then own/run my own clothing store.

Thanks for reading everyone.
Be sure to follow me chasing my dreams for more updates

Facebook & Instagram

Mahipal SoCal & @mahipal_socal

Comments

Popular Posts