Backstage Call


Walking up the ramp heading toward the backstage entrance I was always offered one or two E-Cigs, which I turned down being a non-smoker. As I passed by the guards walking through the door I stop to tell the PR Company running the show who I was, what show I’m covering, and gain my pass. After my pass is in my hand I have pretty much access to where ever I please. I always head toward the sections where I can get the best coverage. I check out the clothes hung on racks, the models either getting make-up, hair, or even just hanging out, the back carpet where some celebrities may walk in, or even where the stylist may be fixing up some models. It always mayhem back here so  for new bees, be careful and stay out of the way. One person who I actually was backstage with but never met until later on is someone who has been around at New York Fashion Week for many years. Jorge Luis, a freelance independent stylist whose work is known by many. Let’s take a little look.


Jorge is a celebrity stylist in Soho, New York. He gets to shape the look for models who walk down the runway for designers during fashion week and also a Senior Stylist as Privé Salon New York. He works at New York Fashion Week or should I say “really busy during New York Fashion Week” with 10-14 shows. He has worked at Anna Sui, Noon by Noor, Whitney Pozgay, Son Jung Wan, Diseel, Art Institute, Ernest Alexander, Helen Yarmak, and many more. That’s a lot, but he always is on his A game to get things done! His work is in many magazine spreads and has worked with a few popular celebrities such as Ke$sha and Gina Gershon Hope. This simmer he will getting ready for Fashion Week in August with meetings with designers and stylists, a judge for “Top Model Latina” in New York, and participating in a couple celebrity events. For more information be sure to contact him at his website below


Thanks for reading everyone
Be sure to follow me chasing my dreams for more updates

Facebook & Instagram
Mahipal SoCal & @mahipal_socal

Comments

Popular Posts