Why Listening To Yourself Is Better Than Hearing Others


It’s hard to follow your heart and go after what you want when you’re clouded with others around your ear. There’s a lot times where all of us have been over and under through many people we’ve come across trying to figure out our next move while we try to defend for ourselves in every battle we are in, but its hard when we are surrounded by others and their opinions constantly repeating in our heads.

I remember when I started out blogging. People would tell me that my blog wouldn't really be anything because it was simple and unattractive. I didn't know much about the word “blog” and I for sure didn't know who any of the big name fashion bloggers were. I wasn't reading Vogue or Harpers Bazaar and I wasn't scorching the internet for new, styles and trends. The single thought that kept me going was I never looked at what others were doing. I wasn't following any rules or guidelines and so I was producing content that I thought was appropriate for myself.

And honestly, it was the best thing I could have done. I wasn't making the best work but I was very smart and I was creating content that was changing the way we look at the fashion industry. The best part of it, is that it wasn't the most attractive to others - they didn't understand it. It was different and people weren't able to ignore it, I was getting results and I was only listening to myself. With any work I produce, whether its for new clients, the way I create photos, magazine layouts, pitch stories, or even attend when I attend New York Fashion Week I do things my way only and I feel so much better about it.

Often times we find ourselves misunderstood with ourselves and even with others and we become misled by everything all around us. Learning to think for yourself while hearing others is the healthiest thing you can do. If you don't, you’ll risk wondering about someone else's experience or opinions that might not make you feel comfortable. Listening to yourself doesn't mean you are selfish or arrogant. It means you have a clear mind and you know what you want in life and are smart about how you’ll get there. 

Listening to yourself isn’t as easy done as it’s said. Doing your own thing and what you love is important, but finding a way to clear your mind can be hard. The best way to clear your mind is to create a filter for yourself while hearing others. It’s the most appropriate thing that you can do and you will thank yourself throughout your future for doing so. Clear your mind by reading books, doing what you love, and understanding who you are. It’ll block out all the negative and unnecessary energy that will come your way. If you don't  Taking a step forward and thinking for yourself isn't a sign of being weak, it shows strength. You may get lost, but you’ll be lost at your best.

Thanks for reading everyone
Be sure to follow me following my dreams

Facebook & Instagram
Mahipal SoCal - @mahipalsocal

Comments

Popular Posts