Like Fine Wine



There's been a lot of times in my life where I wanted things to go where I actually wanted them to go and then there have been times where things have just gone wherever. To how you want things to go, to how they actually go, these are two different things and sometimes it's hard to tell the two apart because you never know is which. Understanding your imaginative thoughts to your reality could be difficult, but facing your problems head on instead of running from them, is the best thing you can do. 

Working in the entertainment industry, especially the fashion world it's easy to paint yourself with a single brush. The industry is built on an illusion because it's not told truthfully how it is and sometimes it can be hard to understand where you fit in and who are you really are. Your feelings get all mixed around because your insecurities do so, but the truth hurts, but knowing who you are and all everything about you, makes things easier. Through hearing others, you help yourself. One story to hear is from American journalist Michael Musto.  Michael has been around the industry through many years and here, he explains part of his life through fear, love, work, business, being bullied, and his insecurities. 



"Fear of failure is always a concern for any professional. No one wants to put their work out there in the world and be rejected for it. But as I found that my work was well crafted and my opinions were valid and my reporting good, I got a favorable response and kept going with it. Fashion is a subjective field, but my take on it has always been personal and fair, and I celebrate those who make bold choices. Taking that stance has gotten me good results. Love is difficult since I devote so much time to my work, and I've developed such a unique personal schedule that doesn't really allow for relationships much. But I have had some boyfriends and I find that find that the best ones I've had are the ones who initially didn't know who I was, and who weren't blinded by the glitter and excitement of my lifestyle. That makes things way more grounded. 

I'm devoted to my work and have always been a workaholic, going to see everything (fashion shows, Broadway shows, nightclubs) and always meeting my deadlines. A huge part of being a successful professional is being reliable and efficient and always turning in clean copy on time. Editors instantly love you if you can do all that--and if your work is actually good, they'll love you even more. Some people say I've become a brand more than just a writer and as such, I feel like the head of a business. I don't only write articles and blogs, I write books, appear on TV, and make personal appearances. It's all important to the "Musto brand" and I take it all seriously, feeling a little bit like a Warhol-style personality rather than just a writer for hire. 

Growing up, I was definitely different from the pack, though I wasn't always bullied for that. But yes, there have still been times when I've been ostracized, put down, and belittled for being different. And the best thing that could happen from that is (A) Developing character as a result (B) Knowing that the bullyers are the ones with the problem, not you. We all have insecurities. It's only human to occasionally feel you might not be smart enough, good enough, appealing enough. But insecurities can also drive you to do more, to fight harder, and to aim for perfection, so sometimes you can make lemonade out of lemons and do good with this situation."

Life can be hard at times and the more you go through life the more challenges you face. As you get older you learn to roll with the punches as they come your way. And as they come your way, you battle with every single one of them, because you learn and they never bring you down. Like fine wine, you grow better with the years. You are a truthfully magical butterfly and the world is your kingdom, not your nightmare. It may be hard to deal with your emotions and feelings, but understanding who you are and what you are makes the road through your days, weeks, and years even better.

Thanks for reading everyone
Be sure to follow me following my dreams

Facebook & Instagram
Mahipal SoCal - @mahipalsocal

Comments

Popular Posts