Tracy Calvacca talks about New York Fashion Week with Adrienne Bailon and the definition of relationships


Tracy Calvacca talks about New York Fashion Week with Adrienne Bailon and the definition of relationships

“I am 23 years old and I am from Long Island, New York. I love spending time with my friends and family. I’m a very active person; I enjoy dancing, yoga, lifting weights, and doing CrossFit. I love going to the beach and playing with my Old English Sheepdog, Molly. I like going out and having a good time, whether it be seeing a movie, going to a nice restaurant, traveling, or just doing something spontaneous. I am currently a graduate student at Stony Brook University pursuing my Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration. When I was an undergraduate at Stony Brook University I studied Women’s and Gender Studies and Dance.
I went to Fashion Week with my sister, Stephanie, and our friend Tonianne. It was my first time going to Fashion Week and I had a blast! Every part about it was incredible. Photographers came up to us before we went inside to take pictures of us. Then once we were inside there are bunch of different companies displaying their products and we received free stuff. When it was time to see the show, we ended up having front row seats. Adrienne Bailon, from the Cheetah Girls, was sitting in the same row as us and we were able to talk to her and get pictures with her. I loved seeing all of the gorgeous designs at the Son Jung Wan show. It was an experience of a lifetime and something that I can check off my bucket list!
I’m single. Many people think that being single is negative, but I do not think it is. I think being single is a great opportunity for you to make yourself a better person and to reflect on yourself. Shirley MacLaine states, “I don’t need a man to rectify my existence. The most profound relationship we’ll have is the one with ourselves.” It’s very important for people to have self-confidence and to have strength in themselves. If a guy is interested in me, he should be straight up and tell me. I’m not a mind reader, if you want to take me out on a date then ask me. I’m always up to have a fun time getting to know people. You never know a person until you spend time with them, so just have the courage and the confidence to ask me out on a date. My biggest turn off is a guy that is arrogant, self-centered, and disrespectful. My biggest turn on is someone that is confident, fun, and down to earth. There are many important aspects that a relationship has to have in order for it to succeed. Consistency is key in a relationship. I want a guy that will treat me great and with respect consistently, not just sometimes. When things start to get comfortable, I don’t want him to give up trying in the relationship because then it will start to feel like one person is putting in more effort than the other. Also, good communication is a huge factor in any relationship. People should be able to talk to their partners about anything and feel like they are also being listened to. Time is another important aspect of a relationship. If you never make the time to see each other or talk to each other, then it’s not going to work. Patience is a virtue; nobody wants to feel like they are being rushed into anything. Just relax, take time to get to know each other and to enjoy each other’s company. A relationship should also be FUN! A relationship shouldn’t feel like work all the time, there needs to be humor and fun in it too. If you aren’t having fun with your boyfriend/girlfriend, then why are you with them? You should be with someone that makes you happy. Your partner should be someone that’s your best friend and lover. They should be someone that trusts you, will support you no matter what, and they should want to see you succeed. As Carrie Bradshaw states, “The most exciting, challenging, and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you, you love, well, that’s just fabulous!”
My favorite summer fashion is wearing a cute summery dress that I can either dress down during the day or dress up at night. I shop mostly at Marshalls, Banana Republic, and Forever 21. Also, Buffalo Exchange is an amazing thrift shop in New York City where I find a bunch of hidden treasures! The black Badgley Mischka heels that I wore to Fashion Week are from Buffalo Exchange and I bought them for about $20. One thing that girls should have is self-confidence and a smile. The top five things in my purse right now: Vaseline Lip Therapy (Cocoa Butter flavor), my planner (I’m lost without it), keys, wallet, and my phone. My favorite drink is red wine. My favorite celebrity is Ellen DeGeneres. This summer you can find me on the beach! I love going out to the Hamptons and to Montauk with my friends and family. My dream is to continue to live a successful, positive, healthy life and to inspire others to succeed as well. I want to break the glass ceiling that prevents women from gaining the top positions. I would like to be financially comfortable and able to support and give back to my family because if it weren’t for them, I wouldn’t be here chasing my dreams.



Thanks for reading everyone. 
Be sure to follow me chasing my dreams for more updates

Facebook & Instagram
Mahipal SoCal  & @mahipal_socal



Comments

Popular Posts