Optical Illusions

Optical Illusions

Working in the fashion industry you meet so many people with different styles behind their work. They’re all creative, strong, unique, and talented. One really cool person I was able to talk to recently was Rob Bacon, a jewelry designer from Peoria, Illinois. Rob has been collaborating with various editorial projects internationally and in the states, he has kept a really strong vision of an ideal photo shoot, avant garde. Jewelry design is really hard and I don’t think I would be able to create some really cool designs. What Rob recently did with his photo-shoot was incredible. He wanted to create jewelry designs that were not just appealing and editorial, but he wanted to make other people create their own perspectives. With no straight meaning with his designs looking at them it gives people freedom to form their own ideas and interest with his work without any labeling. It’s really cool because everyone creates their own connection to the design instead of all being the same.
“I want to create jewelry with emotion and expression. Titled "DARE2BU", this avant garde photo shoot is about allowing yourself to be creative and wear what you want; transcending your inner edge without concern of judgment. Using top grade leathers, my inspiration was to manipulate and give the illusion of leather vs metal and vice versa. It's an innovative theme I carried with the models as well. I wanted to direct a high end fashion couture photo shoot using an androgynous tone. When fashion becomes art mirrored with when art becomes fashion, it's jewelry that demands attention. I am extremely thankful for the team that worked so hard to make my vision come true.”

 



Jewelry Desigenr: Rob Bacon (Creative Direction)
Photographer: Jeremy Byrd
Cinematographer/Editor: Darrin Smith Visionarymp
Hair & Make-up: Emily Hansen
Model: Alex Valentino & Chae Jee Sook



Thanks for reading everyone
Be sure to follow me chasing my dreams for more updates

Facebook & Instagram
Mahipal SoCal & @mahipal_socal

Comments

Popular Posts