Argentina to New York City


A city filled with magic and streets filled with many faces, New York has so much to offer. Every day is not your typical day because there is always something new to see and do and even people to meet. I remember my first time walking down Broadway with my head held high and thinking to myself that this is the city where I will be spending the rest of my life. The place where the holidays comes to life and where magic is truly king. A city filled with dreams and dreamers and careers everywhere beyond imagination. Natalia has been inspired and has done the same. Natalia is from Buenos Aires, Argentina and came all the way to New York City to fulfill her dream as an actress. She has been in many shows and auditions and experiencing so much about the industry inside and out. New York has taught her so much about life, growing, maturing, the culture, and about herself.
 “I had my first theater class when I was 6 at school. I remember the feeling after I left the stage for the very first time after my first year of school finished; I just wanted to keep doing it over and over. That and nothing else. I remember the drama classes like I don't remember almost anything else from those days. I never stopped; at 11 I started taking more classes outside of school. By 15 I realized that I could study other things and be just fine when I grew up, but acting would keep me happy and that was what I wanted. I was scared to tell my accountant dad what I have decided. So scared. But he told me that it didn't matter what I wanted to study, as long as I did it 100%. I loved my dad for that, I knew my mom would be happy with my decision; she was taking acting classes too. I went to an acting collage after high school and after I finished, me and two of my closest friends built an independent theatre company called Ideas Liquidas, the company is still on.
I decided to come to NYC because I saw an ad on Facebook that asked me if I wanted to study in New York, my answer was yes, but I had never been here before. I was accepted in the AMDA acting conservatory program and came. It's a very intense program so it was a year and three months of just training and being in the building, with no real life. I absolutely loved it because I got to just worry about scenes and getting better at what I love, no extra bills, no job, no other of the real life's worries, just ACTING! When I graduated, less than a year ago, I got out to the world again. I started learning how the industry works here and going to as many auditions as I could, being a foreigner means you have limited time to do what an American can do in a lifetime. That presented a challenge that I accepted happily, it would only make me work harder, and it did. 
In less than a year Got into 4 theatre companies, earned 3 recommend passes in Stage Combat disciplines which makes me an actor combatant under the SAFD; acted in 3 one acts, an Industrial Film and a Feature; understudied in a play and rehearsing a second understudy role. What's coming is a Showcase, two festivals, and hopefully a short and a feature. I also have proposals for next year, but that will be confirmed when my new visa kicks in. I'm thinking of creating a theatre company, but that is a bit into the future, for now I just want to be acting!”
            Natalia is awesome and I feel she will do a great job in the acting business for years to come in New York City!

            “My dream is to act all the time, to be involved in projects that rock people's worlds and create my own projects as well. I want to be on films and TV series... Or should I just say series now? And of course I will never leave my love, theatre. I want to bring the best side of the Argentineans, the artistic side, to the New York table.”


Thanks for reading everyone
Be sure to follow me chasing my dreams for more updates.

Facebook & Instagram
Mahipal SoCal & @mahipal_socal

Comments

Popular Posts